- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 fresh, or roasted, red capsicum, sliced
- 50g LeaderBrand Baby Spinach
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets, drained
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 lemon, juice of 90ml olive oil
- Salt to taste
To make beetroot hummus, put the chickpeas, beetroot, garlic, lemon, cumin, salt and tahini in a food processer. Whiz for 30 seconds and then slowly drizzle in your olive oil. Once all the oil is in and combined, if it looks a bit thick in consistency then drizzle in a couple of tablespoons of cold water and combine.
Season to taste and set aside.
To assemble your burgers, remove beetroot from packet and pat dry with a paper towel.
Top and tail the beetroot (trim the ends so they will sit flat on the board) then cut the beetroot in half. Pat dry again.
Coat in flour, then place in a whisked egg/milk mixture and finally coat in Parmesan.
Place onto a lined baking tray and cook at 180°C for approx. 15 minutes or until the Parmesan is golden.
Now fill your mini burgers with cream cheese, avocado, spinach, capsicum, tomato and beetroot hummus.
Serve and enjoy.
For more recipe ideas visit leaderbrand.co.nz